Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Editor For Hire

[Please visit www.jasonkorolenko.com for updated content]

Are you a writer who hates to edit? Have you finished a novel, and now you're seeking a pair of critical, educated eyes to give you a new perspective? Read on. My offer may interest you.

In an effort to build my portfolio as a freelance editor, I've decided to throw out a few special deals for interested parties. For the moment, I'm focusing on novels within the 55,000 - 120,000 word range. The level of editing and/or critique will be tailored to each author's specific needs or desires. Want me to line edit? You got it. Want developmental editing, my comments on things like character arc, plot, or pacing? Sure. You just want me to proofread? Will do. 

My rates are extremely competitive, and just so you know what you're getting yourself into, I'll edit your first ten pages (12 pt. font, double-spaced, one-inch margins) for free. If you like what you see in those ten pages, we'll outline a plan and then start talking expectations, deadlines, and cost.

Credentials? I hold a Bachelor's Degree in English Language and Literature from Southern New Hampshire University. In the summer of 2012, I'll be awarded my MFA in Fiction Writing from that same university, where I've had the pleasure of working with--and learning from--a gang of talented writers and editors, all of whom are award winners or national/international best-sellers. (Side note: I can't say enough good about SNHU's MFA program. If you take your writing seriously, and you want to improve your craft - and we all have room to improve - clickety clickety on that link.)

So, looking for an editor? Shoot me an email at jasonkorolenko (at) gmail (dot) com and let's talk.

JAK

1 comment:

-RWWGreene said...

I tried, but could not find a single mistake in that post. Good on you!